Types of Carpet
Information on the different types of carpet to consider for your lifestyle.
Types of Carpet for Your Home or Business
Many homeowners find the process of choosing flooring for their home overwhelming. After all, there are many different options, styles, and color schemes for homeowners to consider. Fortunately, a flooring company can help you narrow down your choices by informing you about the many options available.
Of the many flooring options available, carpet is one of the most multifaceted options. The reason for this is the many patterns, textures, colors, and materials that homeowners can select. Loop pile, combination pile, and cut pile are some of the most common and popular carpet types available. Each type of carpet offers a unique array of features and advantages.
Undoubtedly, the most popular carpet type among homeowners is the cut pile carpet. The cut pile carpet is made primarily from yarn. This yarn is cut along the ends to create the cut pile carpet. If you're looking into cut pile carpets, there are five major styles you need to choose from. These styles are as follows:
- Velvet - This style is soft to the touch thanks to the untwisted non-heat set yarn.
- Cable - This style is ideal for creating an informal and loose look due to the thick yarn.
- Shag - This style consists of a yarn of long length, which means it will crush and mat easily.
- Frieze - This style is mat resistant due to the surface curl and highly twisted tufts.
- Saxony - This style is durable and possesses a tuft appearance due to the heat set.
If you want carpet flooring that will be able to better handle heavy foot traffic, you should consider loop pile carpeting. The two style of loop pile carpeting are as follows:
- Level Loop - This style has an even and smooth look because all the loops are the same height.
- Multi-Loop Pile - This style features a pattern effect due to the loops of different heights.
Combination pile carpet is commonly considered the best of both worlds because it possesses features from both loop style carpets and cut style carpets.
- Random Shear - This style features cut and uncut loops and different heights for a luxurious texture.
- Level and Cut Loop Pile - This style consists of cut and lop piles.
- Tip Shear - This style is similar to the random shear, but the texture is not as noticeable.
Without a doubt, choosing a carpet style can be very difficult. For more information about the different types of carpet available for your home or business, don't hesitate to contact us.